Post by Rajiv on Dec 9, 2015 10:56:57 GMT 8
I will try starting the following games next year:
- Sunday night, 6 to 7 pm, at Khalsa (7-a-side).
The extra Sunday night games is to see if those who are on waitlist or can't get in for the weekend games at The Grandstand, or the Monday night game at Macpherson, want to get a game on Sunday evening at Khalsa instead. A Sunday evening game at Khalsa also allows those who play at Macpherson or Khalsa on weeknights (Monday, Wednesday or Thursday), and who find The Grandstand too far away, an opportunity to play at the weekends.
We previously had three Sunday night games at Khalsa (see giffas.proboards.com/board/10/post-game-reports-comments?filters=label_id:eq:23):
- 6 April 2014, 8 to 9 pm, 7-a-side. This was in place of the evening game at The Grandstand.
- 11 May 2014, 8 to 9 pm, 6-a-side. This was in addition to the Sunday afternoon game at The Grandstand (4 to 5 pm) which also went ahead.
- 18 May 2014, 8 to 9 pm, 5-a-side. Again, this was in addition to the Sunday afternoon game at The Grandstand (4 to 5 pm), which also went ahead.
I continued to schedule the extra game on Sunday nights at Khalsa until 10 August 2014 (see giffas.proboards.com/board/11/schedule-system-playing-rules?filters=label_id:eq:14, but as no further game went ahead, I stopped (after trying out a switch to SBSA @ Kallang on 17 August 2014).
Since then, I have at various times put up a Sunday night game at Khalsa:
- 1 and 8 February 2015, 8 to 9 pm.
- 8 March 2015 (after Chap Goh Mei), 6 to 7 pm.
- 2 August 2015, 6 to 7 pm.
- 20 September 2015, 6 to 7 pm, to make up for the game at Macpherson on Monday, 14 September 2015, being cancelled due to haze.
- 25 October 2015, 6 to 7 pm.
- 1 November 2015.
However, as I've been very busy over much of this period, I haven't really made a great effort to ask around to get the game going. New or additional games need a lot more time and effort to get going.
The Sunday evening game at The Grandstand can be very volatile, times when we've had loads on waitlist, and other times when it has been the hardest game to fill. We had a poll in May/June 2014 on whether it should be brought forward to 4 to 5 pm, but the result of the poll was to keep it at 5 to 6 pm.
For the additional Sunday night game at Khalsa, I started off with 8 to 9 pm, as I first looked at it in the same way as a weeknight game, the next day being a working day. The weeknight games are 9 to 10 pm, but as players generally won't be coming after work on a Sunday, I brought it forward an hour.
When that didn't take off, I looked at it as a weekend game. The weekend games (on the covered pitches at The Grandstand) are 5 to 6 pm. However, as Khalsa is uncovered, 5 to 6 pm would usually be too hot, so I went for 6 to 7 pm.
What I need is an idea of players' preference, bearing in mind that on Sundays, people:
- may have other activities earlier in the day;
- may have dinner plans later in the evening; and/or
- want to rest before returning to work on Monday.
I've added a poll. I've tried to make it as flexible as possible. When collating the results, I will put together the narrower options falling within the broader options. Players have 2 votes each.
I'm looking to start the additional game in the new year (with players back from holidays), and really going after Chap Goh Mei. I'm putting the poll up early.