Post by Rajiv on Sept 17, 2011 14:01:48 GMT 8
We play each game without a referee.
Our games, and the playing rules set out in the post below are geared towards (i) keeping the game flowing (ii) while reducing the risk of injury and (iii) are intended to accommodate different styles of play. These are Overriding Principles. All Game Rules should be interpreted and applied in this light.
Further, our Core Values are:
- Maintaining health, fitness and/or interests even as we get older through sustainable participation in sports and other activity.
- Facilitating a work-life balance.
- Voluntary participation with maturity and in good spirits.
- Achieving a balanced and healthy perspective on sport and competition.
- Enhancing appreciation and understanding of teamwork and co-operation.
- Developing friendships and finding enjoyment through participation.
All games are expected to be played, and all Game Rules interpreted and applied, in accordance with the Core Values.
The Game Rules are set out below. The two team selectors/captains for any game can, between themselves, agree to modify the Game Rules for that particular game, as they think necessary or desirable.
During a game, the two team selectors/captains also have the final say on the application of the Overriding Principles, Core Values & Game Rules. If the team selectors/captains cannot agree, the issue should be discussed on the report thread after the game, and may be followed up on the appropriate announcements and developments thread. Any residual dissatisfaction after the game can also be discussed on the report thread for the game.
Everyone who plays by the Core Values and Game Rules is welcome. The converse is that anyone who does not play by the rules and core values is not welcome.
I rely on information provided to me. To this end:
- Information from a team selector/captain relating to a particular player on that player's team carries the greatest weight.
- Information from the opposing team selector/captain carries significant weight.
- Information from players who are not team selectors or captains will carry such weight as may be appropriate, taking into account how many games the player has played in the current 6 month period or current 3 year period, the number of players providing the same, similar or related information, and the manner in which the information is provided.
Possible sanctions include being excluded from the whole of, or aspects of, our games or system for a period or time, or indefinitely, or being required to post on the forum giving a commitment as to his future conduct.
The above rules and principles may be revised from time to time. Originally posted on 21 November 2010. Last revised on 4 February 2016.