Post by Rajiv on Feb 22, 2014 9:04:07 GMT 8
Over the last three weeks
, Kelvin Au has tried using our regular Thursday night game at Balestier Road as a training game for the 11-a-side team he and Stan D Man play in on Saturdays.
Unless the team selectors agree to it, or their team plays with a handicap, I will not be allowing it any more
As the Monday night game at The Grandstand has not taken off yet
Kelvin, if your Saturday 11-a-side team is looking for a training match, how about on Monday, 3 March 2014 at The Grandstand
? I'll see if any of The Grandstand regulars are interested in putting together a team.
I'll check and see ... but Monday may not be the best as we have Sat games. Will check anyways.
Saturday/Monday or Thursday/Saturday, what's the difference? Anyway, let me know by the coming Monday (24 February 2014) for the following Monday (3 March 2014).
Actually, any Monday. Just give me a week's notice.
Further discussion and comments below.
Post by Rajiv on Mar 2, 2014 9:52:00 GMT 8
No take up then.
Post by Rajiv on Mar 23, 2014 11:55:33 GMT 8
Apart from the above offer to Kelvin Au's Saturday 11-a-side team, I have the following WhatsApp chats with other players:
- With Shawn Low on 7 January 2014:
- Shawn: .. just to check.. cos i've got a bunch of ex schoolmates whom i've not met up for a while.. is it ok if i invite them to play on one of the days? perhaps on a monday ecp game? as i understand usually one one guest allowed..
- Me: If it's a group of you who want to play together after a long time, you can put together a team, and I can see if there are 7 others who want to play against you. Sunday evening at Khalsa or Thursday night at East Coast would be better. Those who like the game can then start joining our regular games. Hard to introduce a lot of players at one go to our regular games. Balancing the teams becomes a problem, the regulars feel the change, and other regulars lose out on a spot.
- Shawn: oh ok.. point taken.. will try to arrange on my end and let u know should i need ur help to put up a game on any of the two mentioned days.. thanks!!
- Me: Ok, give me at least a week's notice.
I enquired again on 6 March 2014, but there has been no follow up by Shawn.[/ul]
- With Kai Jie on 6 March 2014:
- Kai Jie: If we have enough 7 friends can we take up one side next week?
- Me: I try to avoid having a group of friends on one team. For those kind of games, I encourage a pre-arranged match. For our regular games, I can't control who is on the other team, because it is open to all, and can end up very unbalanced. I have a few extra bookings now, so it's better to use one of those for a match. Also, for our regular games, there are restrictions on guests. For a match, I let both teams choose their own players. For a match, I let both teams choose their own players. Sunday night at Khalsa, Monday night at Turf City, and Thursday and Friday night at East Coast are available. I can also see if a pitch at Rainforest Sports Hub at Turf City is available. There is scope for everything, just in the right place and at the right time.
- Np. Let me sound out my guys
There has been no follow up.
- With Jensen on 7 March 2014:
- Jensen: Bro just to check with you. I got a group of 7 guys. Next week saturday possible to help us arrange and put us in a group?
- Me: I have to create a separate game for that. The Saturday crowd is very regular and its a popular game, so I can't use that slot for that. I can try to arrange a separate match for you. I'll see if I can get a match for you against 7. Sunday 8 to 9 pm would be better. The regular Saturday game is 5 to 6 pm at Bukit Timah, covered pitch, 8-a-side. I can't use that for a match. Which Sunday you looking at, 9 March or 16 March?
- Jensen: 16 Ok.
- Me: I have to arrange another team for you to play against, so I can only confirm towards the end of next week.
As I had problems with WhatsApp between 8 and 12 March 2014
, I didn't follow up until 17 March 2014. There has been no response from Jensen so far.[/ul]
Anyone interested in a match can post on this thread. I have changed the name of this thread from "Weeknight training match for Stan & Kelvin's 11-a-side team" to "Team Match".
From the "Days, times & locations" thread:
I haven't tried the Sunday night game at Balestier Road yet, mainly because I've been busy with all the recent changes in the GIFFA system
and on this forum
I will start next Sunday (9 March 2014). For now, I will alternate weekly between a Sunday night game at Balestier Road and a Monday night game at The Grandstand, so for the rest of this month:
- Sunday, 9 March 2014, 8 to 9 pm, Balestier Road.
- Monday, 17 March 2014, 9 to 10 pm, The Grandstand.
- Sunday, 23 March 204, 8 to 9 pm, Balestier Road.
- Monday, 31 March 2014, 9 to 10 pm, The Grandstand.
I am prepared to use either slot, whether it is a scheduled week or an off week, for a team match. I also know that 9 to 10 pm on Thursday and Friday nights are available at East Coast
Post by Rajiv on Mar 24, 2016 12:21:27 GMT 8
On Saturday (19 March 2016), Tom S asked if he could put 7 names down for the game tonight (Thursday, at Khalsa)
. That would not have been possible because the schedule thread that went up that morning provides:
.... Only GIFFA Players are allowed to add names. In the first 24 hours after this post, each GIFFA Player is limited to putting his own name down, and one other GIFFA Player. Within the first 48 hours after this post:
- GIFFA Players only.
- Maximum of 3 GIFFA Players, inclusive of himself (1 more than in the first 24 hours).
Additionally, after 48 hours, there is a maximum of 1 guest per player, until 24 hours before the game. Guests must be 21 or above in the current year. In the last 6 hours before the game, places are opened to any male aged 18 or above. In the last 3 hours, the age restriction is reduced to 16.
Tom hasn't even registered yet.
I said I can ask around to see if any 7 players want to play against his team. He said his team is only available weeknights, and suggested next Monday (28 March 2016). He said he could get a venue.We now have 10 on waitlist for the game at Macpherson next Monday (24 in total)
. If any 7 of the 24 are interested, we can have a game with Tom's team at another venue.
The venue Tom had in mind is not available now for next Monday, but the 7-a-side pitch at East Coast is available for next Monday, 9 to 10 pm.